3 Day gorilla tour in Congo starts and ends in Kigali, crossing over to DR Congo, in Bukavu province for lowland gorilla tracking in Khauzi Biega National Park.
3 Days Lowland Gorilla
- Day 1: Transfer to Bukavu- DR Congo
- Day 2: Lowland Gorilla tracking tour in Kahuzi Biega – DR Congo
- Day 3: Transfer back to Kigali
- Pick-up and drop-off in Kigali or Goma
- Transport in a 4×4 safari vehicle
- Services of an English speaking driver guide
- Fuel for the whole trip
- Accommodation and meal plan as per the itinerary
- All park entrance fees
- Drinking water while in the vehicle
- DRC Visa
- Pre and post tour accommodation in Kigali or Goma
- International airfares
- Rwanda Visa (USD30.00 which can be paid on arrival at the Airport
- Items of personal nature such as tips, drinks, and laundry
3 Days Lowland Gorilla
Day 1: Transfer to Bukavu- DR Congo
In the morning, you will be picked by the driver from your hotel in Kigali and drive southwards to Cyangugu boarder on the way to Bukavu in DR Congo. You will have a stop over in Butare, where you will visit the national museum of Rwanda, the king’s palace in Nyanza, and the Rwanda genocide memorial site. After lunch, continue on a scenic journey to Bukavu with wonderful views of the hills in Rwanda through the tropical forest of
Nyungwe National park. Dinner and overnight at Orchid safari Lodge(Luxury/Mid Range)/Hotel Horizon (Budget).
Day 2: Lowland Gorilla tracking tour in Kahuzi Biega – DR Congo
In the morning, you will head for the memorable adventure of tracking the lowland gorillas in Kahuzi Biega National park. Tacking lowland Gorillas is very amazing, lowland Gorillas differ from the mountain gorillas, the lowland gorillas are bigger in size, usually takes 1-4 hours tracking the lowland Gorillas. The lowland Gorillas stay in bigger families as compared to mountain gorillas; you will not regret the safari effort once you meet the amazing Gorillas! After tracking, you will go for a nature walk in the Kahuzi Biega park and visit Tshibati waterfalls, visit bukavu town, Mbayo tea plantations, the research centre and the surrounding traditional homes. Return to the hotel for dinner and overnight.
Day 3: Transfer back to Kigali
In the morning, you will drive back to Kigali reaching in the evening.
Lodges in Virunga National Park
Bukima Tented Camp
Ihusi Hotel, Goma
Standard Safari vehicles
Luxury Safari Vehicles